(21) Semidiurnal Internal Tide Generation and Propagation near Pt. Sal, CA: Observations and Model Simulations (submitted, Journal of Physical Oceanography). Nirnimesh Kumar, Sutara H. Suanda, John A. Colosi, Donghua Cai, Kevin A. Haas, Emanuele Di Lorenzo, Arthur J. Miller, and Christopher A. Edwards.
(20) Shelf Cross-Shore Flows under Storm-driven Conditions: Role of Stratification and Shoreline Orientation (in review, Journal of Physical Oceanography). Xiaodong Wu, George Voulgaris, and Nirnimesh Kumar.
(19) Upwelling response to subtidal, alongshore inner shelf flow around a small-scale coastline promontory (in review, Journal of Physical Oceanography). Tucker M. Freismuth, Donghua Cai, Jamie MacMahan, Kevin Haas, John A. Colosi, Sutara H. Suanda, Nirnimesh Kumar, Emmanuel Di Lorenzo, Arthur Miller, and Chris Edwards.
(18) Statistics of Internal Tide Bores and Internal Solitary Waves Observed on the Inner Continental Shelf off Point Sal CA (accepted, Journal of Physical Oceanography). John Colosi, Nirnimesh Kumar, Sutara H. Suanda, Tucker M. Freismuth, and Jamie MacMahan
(17) Parameterization of Synoptic Weather Systems in the South Atlantic Bight for modeling applications. Ocean Dynamics, Xiaodong Wu, George Voulgaris and Nirnimesh Kumar. Link.
(16) Bulk vs. Spectral Wave Parameters: Implications on Stokes Drift Estimates, Regional Wave Modeling, and HF Radars Applications. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 47, 1413–1431, https://doi.org/10.1175/JPO-D-16-0203.1. Nirnimesh Kumar, Douglas L. Cahl, Sean C. Crosby, and George Voulgaris. Link.
(15) Rip currents and alongshore flows in channels dredged in the surf zone. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 122, 3799–3816, doi:10.1002/2016JC012222. Melissa Moulton, Steve Elgar, Britt Raubenheimer, John Warner and Nirnimesh Kumar. Link.
(14) A new offshore transport mechanism for shoreline-released tracer induced by transient rip currents and stratification. Geophysical Research Letters, 44, doi:10.1002/2017GL072611. Nirnimesh Kumar and Falk Feddersen. Link.
(13) Observations and 3D hydrodynamics-based modeling of decadal-scale shoreline change along the Outer Banks, North Carolina. Ilgar Safak, Jeffery H. List, John C. Warner, Nirnimesh Kumar. Coastal Engineering,
(12) The effect of Stokes drift and transient rip currents on the inner-shelf, part 2: With Stratification . Nirnimesh Kumar and Falk Feddersen. Journal of Physical Oceanography, DOI: 10.1175/JPO-D-16-0077.1, Link.
(11) The effect of Stokes drift and transient rip currents on the inner-shelf, part 1: No Stratification. Nirnimesh Kumar and Falk Feddersen. Journal of Physical Oceanography, DOI: 10.1175/JPO-D-16-0076.1, Link.
(10) Wind relaxation and a coastal buoyant plume north of Pt. Conception, CA: observations, simulations, and scalings. Sutara Suanda, Nirnimesh Kumar, and others, Journal of Geophysical Research, DOI: 10.1002/2016JC011919, Link.
(9) Mid- to inner-shelf coupled ROMS-SWAN model-data comparison of currents, and temperature: Diurnal and semi-diurnal variability. Nirnimesh Kumar, Falk Feddersen, Sutara Suanda, Yusuke Uchiyama, and James McWilliams, Journal of Physical Oceanography, DOI: 10.1175/JPO-D-15-0103.1, 2015, Link.
(8) Mid-shelf to Surfzone Coupled ROMS-SWAN Model Data Comparison of Waves, Currents, and Temperature: Diagnosis of Subtidal Forcings and Response. Nirnimesh Kumar, Falk Feddersen, Yusuke Uchiyama, James McWilliams, and William O'Reilly, Journal of Physical Oceanography, DOI: /10.1175/JPO-D-14-0151.1, 2015, Link.
(7) The role of morphology and wave‐current interaction at tidal inlets: An idealized modeling analysis. Olabarrieta, Maitane, W. Rockwell Geyer, and Nirnimesh Kumar, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 119(12), 8818-8837, 2014, DOI: 10.1002/2014JC010191, Link.
(6) Alongshore momentum balance analysis on a cuspate foreland. Nirnimesh Kumar, George Voulgaris, Jeffery H. List, John C. Warner, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 118(10), 5280-5295, DOI: 10.1002/jgrc.20358, 2013, Link.
(5) Implementation of the vortex force formalism in the coupled ocean-atmosphere-wave-sediment transport (COAWST) modeling system for inner shelf and surf zone applications. Nirnimesh Kumar, George Voulgaris, John C. Warner, Maitane Olabarrieta, Ocean Modelling, 47: 65-95, DOI: 10.1016/j.ocemod.2012.01.003, 2012, Link.
(4) Implementation and modification of a three-dimensional radiation stress formulation for surf zone and rip-current applications.Nirnimesh, Kumar, George Voulgaris, and John C. Warner, Coastal Engineering 58, no. 12 (2011): 1097-1117, DOI: 10.1016/j.coastaleng.2011.06.009, 2011, Link.
(3) Wave‐current interaction in Willapa Bay. Maitane, Olabarrieta, John C. Warner, and Nirnimesh Kumar, Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans (1978–2012) 116, no. C12 (2011), DOI: 10.1029/2011JC007387, Link.
(2) Measurements and Three-Dimensional Modeling of Nearshore Circulation on a South Carolina Beach, Nirnimesh, Kumar, George Voulgaris, and John C. Warner, Shore & Beach, 79(2), 9, 2011, Link.
(1) Analysis of solid elastic cylinders with internal losses using complete sets of functions, Ebenezer, D. D., K. Nirnimesh, Rahul Barman, Rajnish Kumar, and Shashi Bhushan Singh, 2008, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 310(1), 197-216, Link.